According to the National Confectioners' Association:
- Each Easter, 90 million chocolate Easter bunnies are made.
- Each Easter, 16 billion jelly beans are produced.
- Additionally, in preparation for Easter, five million marshmallow chicks and bunnies are produced every day.
- The Cadbury Creme Egg plant at Bournville, UK, can produce more than 1.5 million eggs per day.
- If you laid all the eggs made on the Creme Egg plant end to end, they would stretch 12,000 miles -- all the way from the Bourneville factory in Birmingham, UK, to Sydney, Australia.
- Peeps are the most popular non-chocolate Easter candy. Americans buy more than 700 million Marshmallow Peeps each Easter season.
- As many as 4.2 million Marshmallow Peeps, bunnies, and other shapes can be made each day.
- In 1953, it took 27 hours to create a Marshmallow Peep. Today it takes six minutes.
Answers.com also provided this interesting Easter figure. There are currently approximately 2.1 billion Christians in the world.
- According to an Al-Jazeerah interview with Sheikh Ahmad Al Katani, the president of The Companions Lighthouse for the Science of Islamic Law in Libya, 667 Muslims convert to Christianity every hour. This is 16,000 Muslims converting every day, 6 million Muslims converting every year.
- I've also read that 10,000 Chinese and 5,000 Indians convert to Christianity each day.
Happy Easter everyone!
He is risen. He is risen indeed.