Translate

Friday, September 28, 2012

DIY Jewelry Rack

My necklaces have been getting tangled up in my jewelry box, which quite frankly bugs me. For some time now, I've been searching Pinterest for ideas to hang and organize them. While I've found some very pretty ideas, none of them seem to be able to accommodate the volume of jewelry I have. Then a couple of weeks ago, my mother-in-law suggested a brilliant idea.

For less than $10, I purchased a cheap thread rack at Walmart, which I spray-painted ivory. Being somewhat lazy, I didn't bother using screws and anchors to hang it. I just used those Command Velcro strips for hanging pictures. Easy peasy.

Spray painted thread rack.
Too bad I didn't notice the missing dowel before I painted it.
No biggie. I can fix that with dowels I already have,
though I doubt anyone will notice once the necklaces are on it.

Voila! Finished jewelry organizer!

I still have a number of necklaces left to hang, but I think
this will easily accommodate them all!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...