Translate

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

She Tells Her Love While Half Asleep

I love snow. Specifically, I love snowfalls. I love the way snowflakes frost my eyelashes. I love how everything seems cleaner, quieter, fresher, softer, more inviting. Even the air seems tastier during a snowfall.

This winter, though, has been... I don't want to use the word tedious, but it has been a little. With a new baby, it's more difficult to enjoy snowball fights and sledding and making snow angels. As much as I love the baby, I just want to go outside!!! To quote my oldest child, "I really like winter, but even I've reached that point."

This longing for spring has brought to mind a poem by Robert Graves. It's not really about spring; it's simply where the random jumps in my brain stopped. However, I thought the imagery was great, and it would be a good read near Valentine's Day.


She Tells Her Love While Half Asleep
She tells her love while half asleep,
In the dark hours,
With half words whispered low;
As earth stirs in her winter sleep
And puts forth grass and flowers
Despite the snow,
Despite the falling snow.
-- Robert Graves


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...